TheÂ LEGO KidsFestÂ is a giant traveling LEGO expo coming to the Portland, OR Oregon Convention Center, October 11th â€“ October 13th! This hands-on, educational, all-ages LEGO extravaganza features millions of LEGO bricks not to mention lots of construction zones, dozens of life-sized LEGO models and displays, LEGO Friends and LEGO Games, group builds such as Creation Nation, live LEGO Master Builders, and so much more covering three acres of space.
For more information, log on toÂ www.LEGOKidsFest.com
Fun LEGO Facts
- More than 400 billion LEGOÂ® bricks have been produced since 1949
- The LEGOÂ® minifigure represents the worldâ€™s largest population of people! Over 4 billion minifigures have have been produced in the last 30 years. This is almost 12 times the population of the United States!
- LEGOÂ® minifigures are out of this world, literally. The 2 Mars Rovers have an image of the LEGO Â® minifigure etched into their front grill.
- Appromixately 7 LEGOÂ® sets are sold each second.
There are about 62 LEGOÂ® bricks for every one of the worldâ€™s 6 billion inhabitants.
- Laid end to end, the number of LEGOÂ® bricks sold in a year would reach more than 5 times around the world.
- There are 915 million ways to combine six eight-stud LEGOÂ® bricks.
- Children around the world spend 5 billion hours a year playing with LEGOÂ® bricks.
- With a production of about 306 million tires produced a year, the LEGOÂ® group is the largest producer of tires in the world.
- LEGOÂ® is the contraction of two Danish words, â€śleg godtâ€ť which mean â€śplay well.â€ť
19 billion LEGOÂ® elements are produced every year. 2.16 million LEGOÂ® elements are molded every hour, or 36,000 per minute.
Log on toÂ www.LEGOKidsFest.comÂ for more details! And for a limited time, everyone pays kids’ price for tickets! Enter discount code MP13 when purchasing adult tickets online. Offer expires September 21, 2013 …
We are SO thrilled to be giving away three (4) packs of tickets for our VIK (very important kid). 12 tickets total. These tickets are good on Friday October 11th for the VIK Preview Event (3-4pm) and general admission from 4-8:30pm only, and are non-transferable to any other session.