Kid-focused Cooking Classes
(Check with your local parks and rec department, too.)
- Gaia Baby Food – 16285 SW 85th, Ste. 101, Tigard.; 503-519-3730; www.gaiababyfood.com. Group and private cooking classes for parents to learn how to make baby food using local, seasonal ingredients.
- The Merry Kitchen – NE Portland; 503-946-8357; www.themerrykitchen.com. Cooking and gardening classes and private parties for kids and teens.
- Portland Parks and Recreation – 503-823-PLAY(7529); www.portlandonline.com/parks. Classes for children as young as 2 years old at various locations.
- Sur La Table – 1102 NW Couch St.; 503-295-9685; www.surlatable.com. Call or check the online calendar for cooking classes and camps for kids and teens.
- Young Chef’s Academy – 19283 SW Martinazzi Ave., Tualatin; 503-691-CHEF (2433); www.youngchefsacademy.com. Cooking classes, birthday parties and camps.