Win Tickets to the Oregon State Fair!

It’s that time of year again — the time we pack up the kiddos and head to Salem for the Oregon State Fair! A late summer ritual for nearly 150 years (give or take), the fair is bigger and better than ever this year, and we’re giving away a Family 4 Pack of tickets to one lucky reader!

You’ll find all your old favorites — big-time entertainers, 4-H and FFA exhibits, crafts and baked goods and midway rides galore — but you’ll also find plenty of new attractions to excite even the most experienced fair goer!

Back this year are ATV Safety Rides, the Bi-Mart Monster Truck Experience, a BMX demo and riding area, the Cherry City Roller Derby Girls, mountain biking, rock climbing, a skate park and more. New to the fair are sand sculpting, an outdoor aquarium, flat track dirt racing, the Turtle Ridge Wildlife Center, bowling, Volcanoes baseball, Air Soft shooting and several other intriguing additions. And don’t miss Days of the Dinosaur, featuring more than 35 life-sized animatronic dinosaurs, skeleton replicas, a fossil dig, 3-D cinema, a little dino ride and other big time dino fun!

ENTER HERE BY NOON ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 28, FOR A CHANCE TO WIN.

PLEASE NOTE: We’ll be mailing the tickets on Saturday afternoon, so plan to visit the fair between August 31 and September 6.

What’s your best memory from — or favorite attraction at — the Oregon State Fair?

7 Comments so far

1. melinda olsen10:00 am on August 23, 2010

i love the fair~

2. Jodi Blackman3:03 pm on August 23, 2010

I love spending a summer day at the fair. My family loves the animals and the food! We try to see who is going to eat the most unique thing at the fair.

3. DAWNIE PALLDENO12:01 pm on August 25, 2010

I THINK THE FAIR IS AWESOME TO SEE BECAUSE EVERYONE FROM ALL AROUND ENJOY THEMSELVES WHETHER THEY HAVE MONEY OR NONE EITHER WAY IT IS STILL FUN.

4. Martin Beggs3:19 pm on August 27, 2010

Hello Everyone !
    My best memory from the Oregon State Fair was when my late Grandmother would take me to the fair. She was always so proud and dressed me up so we would look our best at the fair.
    Whenever I walk though the entrance there I get tears in my eyes and know she is watching over and happy I am containing her tradition.
    Thank you for letting me share !

5. Metro Parent3:23 pm on August 27, 2010

Oh, Martin, you just brought tears to our eyes, too! Have fun at the fair this year!

6. Kathryn Compa12:52 am on August 28, 2010

Well this year ,my favorite Item is Scones ,when they come out of the oven just right ,Fluffy,yet firm,Fill up with whipped butter and just the right amount of Rasberry Preserves,If Loving you is wrong ,I don’t want to be right.I am Miss Kathy ,I work for the Scone Booth Sinful Treats /Ail Concessions,My boss Is Cyndi Ail.I remember when I was seventeen I worked a booth for Food Management Control @the Fairgrounds and Ole Marlin Ail (Cyndi’s Daddy)was some of the other kid’s boss ,He used to put the fear of Jesus into all the Hopeful teenage carnies!You see Marlin Ail is a man of Standards and he likes things done his way.I don’t get to see him much these days he stops in a day or two during The run,But he is Aging and his health is failing a bit so he doesn’t get around as much anymore.I never Dreamed I would work for Marlin ,he scared me I was real young and a bit intimidated by his impeccable standards in both quality presentation and customer service as well as the moxy it takes to be a concessionaire,the wit the where with all.I ,three years ago went back to the fair for work (school clothes for the kids)Now I am so happy to work for Miss Cyndi,She can figure out most things,like how to deep fry a bananna split and keep your family together working strong for decades,I like being a part of Oregon History @OregonStateFair @ ~The Scone Booth~!!Come by say Hi !Support a local Family business!!Tell ‘Em MissKathy Sent you!;0).

7. Jessica1:33 pm on August 3, 2011

I remember riding the kettenkarussel at sunset. Cotton candy sky, and below us the fair taking on it’s new neon face as all the lights turned on. It couldn’t have been more beautiful. Looking forward to the chance of going again this year.